Monday, January 2, 2012

Dr. Who Scarf

So for the next few blog posts, I'm going to do some catch up of some things I've made recently. Most of these are on my Facebook page, so please check out my work there too!

First of all, here is a Dr. Who scarf I made for my brother for Christmas last year.

 The scarf is about 12 feet long. My brother is quite tall, so I wanted to make it long enough to be a very long scarf, but not too long that it would drag on the ground if he wore it open, on either side of his neck. Most of the Dr. Who scarves from the series are 20ft or longer, so it's not that long!
 I used colours I thought he'd like, muted tones, using some nice thick wool. It's knit completely in stockinette stitch, like the scarves in the series, which means it doesn't curl.
My brother seems happy enough with it, and it's very warm. I like how it turned out, even if I don't know anything about Dr. Who!

No comments:

Post a Comment