Monday, January 2, 2012

Orange Poncho

Another one of my favourite knits. I've always wanted a poncho, so I decided to make one! This was quite a large project to undertake, I used a thin-ish wool, and the arms and body of this poncho go quite wide, so it tok a long time to knit up. However, it was well worth the effort!

 It's the kind of top you can wear with a dressed up outfit, or just to wear with jeans, casually. The colour is a rich rusty orage, perfect for Autumn.
 I chose to add some flat duffel buttons, because they add a little something extra to the overall garment.
 Because it's loose fitting, it feels good to wear. I decided to make a poncho that was actuallt a cardigan, so that I don't need to pull it over my head every time I want to take it off! I'm glad I did!


It's fun and funky to wear. I'll get most use out of it in the Spring/Autumn, due to the shorter sleeves, but because it is loose fitting, I can always wear a jumper or a long sleeved t-shirt underneath if I need to. I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment