Monday, January 2, 2012

Hat and Socks

Here are a blue hat and a pair of green and tan socks I made.

 This hat was made using Alpaca wool with bamboo and a percentage of cashmere. It's very soft, and very warm. This wool is such a pleasure to work with, it glides onto the needles and is absolutely beautiful to feel running through my fingers.
 I only got one ball of this wool, because it's quite expensive, so I made a hat from it. I would love to make a jumper or something larger, perhaps a coat, using this wool. It's so beautiful.
 Made from some more beautiful wool, this is sock yarn, mostly Alpaca, with bamboo. This is not quite as silky as the hat yarn, but just as luxurious. I bought this wool in Sew Much Yarn in Seattle, USA, specifically for the task of knitting a pair of socks.
 I used a small circular needle so there is absolutely no seam, and this is the second pair of socks I've ever knit. I've always been scared of double pointed needles, (I still am!) so when I saw the circular needle, I knew I had to give it a try. It knit up nice and tight, so they will be warm and cosy.
 I wanted them to be as even and nicely made as I possibly could. I wanted to do the yarn justice and I wanted to make them just right. The heels are ribbed as are the cuffs. I really loved knitting these up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment